In this article we will learn about learn how to bulk suspend users by group / OU. A suspension of unmanaged user accounts by the IT admin and managers will enhance organizational security. It protects their organization from data losses and other cyber risks. However, bulk suspend users by group / OU can become tedious if you delete the accounts one by one. Instead, they can opt for bulk suspend users. This enables Google Admins to suspend multiple accounts at one go.
So, read on to learn how you can use Foresight to bulk suspend users by group / OU at one go without any hassle.
Reasons for an efficient user suspension
There are several reasons behind the individual or mass user suspension by the IT Admin. This is necessary for the security compliance of your organization. The reasons are –
- When some users leave the organization, their Google Workspace accounts become unmanaged. So, there remains scope for unauthorized access to their accounts by other users or hackers. It's risky for your corporate data. Know more from here.
- Active users in an organization may suffer from stolen passwords or unauthorized access. In this case, you have to suspend those users' accounts temporarily.
- Another case happens when a user violates your organization's rules, such as spreading spam or illegal activities.
Bulk suspend users by group / OU in Google Workspace with Foresight
Foresight comes with a no-code automation solution for streamlining your business workflows. Automating complex business workflows eliminates repetitive manual tasks for administrators and users that the native Google Cloud services can't perform. Thus it builds productivity and saves time and money. The feature of bulk suspending users by group or OU is not available in Google Admin Console. So, Foresight introduces this feature for the Admin. This is another advantage of Foresight over Admin Console.
For demo purposes, we created this rule with 10 users, but for the real-world use case, we can execute this rule with more than thousands of users.
To complete this automation workflow, we have to create two rules –
- Rule 1: Bulk suspend user by group
- Rule 2: Bulk suspend users by OU
- Rule 1
- Sign in to the Foresight account. Go to the Rules page and click on the New Rule (+) button.
- Select the Manual Trigger.
3. Select the List group members action from all the available actions.
4. Here, you need to access permission for Foresight from the Google Admin account. You will see the Access Granted status after your Foresight account gets permission from Google Admin.
5. Then you have to enter the Group’s email ID. So, select Social Media Interns in the Group email field. Click Review.
6. Give a Rule name (Bulk suspend users by group) and click Create.
7. Trigger the rule to export the CSV file. You will find the notification about the successful rule execution.
8. Now, find the same action history from the Logs page. You can download the CSV file from this page.
9. Next, you have to upload the same CSV file to get the final rule for suspending the specific group of users. So, click the New Rule button again.
10. Select Data uploaded as the trigger. Wait for the parsing of the CSV file. Then click Next.
12. Select the Suspend user action.
13. Select Member Email in Primary email. Click Review.
14. Give the Rule name (Rule 1- Bulk suspend users by group) and click Create.
- Rule 2
- Click the New Rule Button and Select the Manual Trigger.
- Select the List users action.
3. Select /Marketing/Digital Marketing in the Organization unit field. Click Review.
4. Give a Rule name (Bulk suspend users by OU) and click Create.
5. Trigger the rule to export the CSV file. You can download the CSV file from the Logs page.
6. Next, upload the same CSV file to get the final suspending rule for a specific OU. Again, click New Rule.
7. After selecting the Data uploaded trigger, upload the CSV file and wait for it to be parsed. Then click Next.
8. Select the Suspend user action.
9. Select Email in Primary email. Click Review.
10. Give the Rule name (Rule 2- Bulk suspend users by OU) and click Create.
- Rule 1: Upload the same CSV file containing the list of group users. You will find that Rule 1 has been created.
- Rule 2: Upload the same CSV file containing a list of OU users. You will find that Rule 2 has been created.
Verifying the Results
- Check the notification for Rule 1 from the bell icon. Also, verify the result of successful rule execution from the Logs page.
- Additionally, check the result of Rule 2 with the same process. These are the types of suspended users by email. So, email notifications will be sent to the groups’ and OU users’ email IDs.
Efficiently managing user suspensions by group or OU is a critical aspect of user management in any organization. Efficiently managing user suspensions by group or OU is a critical aspect of user management in any organization. Foresight automation tool is a game-changer for organizations seeking to optimize their user management processes. Its user-friendly interface, advanced features, and automation capabilities make it an ideal choice for bulk suspending users by group or OU.
Now learn more automation workflows with Foresight and improve your efficiency.