This page lists Foresight product updates to help users discover new features and bug fixes.
- Improved the performance of loading the Rule page. Since this version, your rules are now sorted reverse-chronologically by the creation time. New rules are added at the first position instead of the last position.
- Fix: In rare cases, the New calendar event trigger could trigger twice.
- Fixed: No email notifications were sent for rule disabled by certain errors. For example, if a calendar on which you configured a rule for watching new events was removed from your calendar list, the rule would be disabled.
- improved security and performance
- The User turned inactive trigger did not trigger the same user for duplicate rules.
- The New calendar event trigger did not trigger properly in extreme cases.
- The User created trigger missed triggering for users in extreme cases.
- Improved security
- New Google Workspace (Formerly G Suite) triggers and actions. Most of them are user account related.
- Advanced Protection unenrolled trigger. This triggers when an admin revoked the Advanced Protection (e.g. via Titan Security Key) for a user account.
- App password revoked trigger
- Backup code generated trigger. This triggers when an admin force regenerates the 2-Step Verification backup codes for a user, not from the user end.
- Backup code invalidated trigger
- Login challenge turned off trigger. This triggers when an admin temporarily turned off the challenge questions for a suspicious login for 10 mins.
- OAuth token revoked trigger. This triggers when an admin revoked a connected application for a user.
- Recovery email added trigger
- Recovery email changed trigger
- Recovery email deleted trigger
- Recovery phone added trigger
- Recovery phone changed trigger
- Recovery phone deleted trigger
- User directory sharing changed trigger
- User password force changed trigger. This triggers when an admin force changed a user's password in Admin Console, not by the user themselves.
- User sign-in cookies reset trigger
- Reset user sign-in cookies action
- Turn off 2SV action. 2SV is short for 2-Step Verification
- Update employee ID action
- Update type of employee action
- Update employee department action
- Update employee cost center action
- Update manager email action
- Update job title action
- Update employee building ID action
- Update employee floor name action
- Update employee floor section action
- Added Require a password change at the next sign-in, secondary email and phone number options to the Create user action. It's similar to the interface when you create new user in Admin Console.
- Added an Get calendar event info action. It helps you retrieve key information from a calendar event for further actions, e.g. the creator's email, the event start time, end time, event visibility, Google Meet link etc.
- Added a help text next to the REQUEST ACCOUNT ACCESS to help you understand which permission the trigger or action requests.
- Added an option Include events created by Foresight in the New calendar event trigger. By default the option is unchecked, so that those events created by Foresight programmatically do not trigger. This prevents accidental triggers by unwanted events by another rule.
- Improved security.
- Fixed an issue of looped event copying. That some users configured automation rules to copy events between calendars caused endless loops, following Automatically Copy Events from One Google Calendar to Another. This issue has been addressed. Now 2-way copying events are supported. For example, events created from A calendar are automatically copied to calendar B and vice versa.
- The rule logs warns the failure of attempting to activate a user account if the user account was suspended by abuse.
- Deleted calendar events were returned when searching for an event in Respond to event or Copy event to calendar actions. Now the deleted events are not displayed.
- The User turned inactive for X days trigger used to trigger multiple times in a day if the user is not suspended after the rule runs. This version fixed the issue, so the inactive user can only trigger once in that specific day.
- Fix typos in help text.
- Improved Foresight security.
- Fixed: unknown failure reason for suspending admin accounts.
- Fixed: unknown failure reason for creating groups.
- Improved handling of burst emailing for the Email action. Add help text to the Email action.
- Fixed: unexpected wait interrupted result for the Wait action.
- Add hidden calendars when you select calendars from the drop down list.
- Introduce Yearly Billing for your Foresight subscription. Save 1 month over the monthly billing!
See the updated Foresight Pricing Page and learn how to change your subscription plan.
- Fix unknown reason when deleting a group member.
- The Email action's email body editor was not properly formatted, such as font size and text alignment. It's better supported now. This fix only is available for new edits. If you already had an email template, please clear and re-edit.
- Add 21 variables in the Get user info action. Some variables may be empty since the information is not provided in Admin Console. Many variables have 1-1 mapping with Admin Console.
- Suspension Reason. When the user is suspended, this variable provides a reason.
- 2SV Enforced?. Indicates if 2-step verification is enforced to the user.
- 2SV Enrolled?. Indicates if the user is enrolled in 2-step verification.
- Is archived?. Indicates if the user is archived.
- Require password change. Indicates if the user is required to change password at their next sign-in.
- Recovery email. The user's recovery email.
- Recovery phone. The user's recovery phone.
- Secondary work email. The user's work email aside from their primary email, shown in the Contact Information of Admin Console.
- Home Email. The user's home email.
- Work phone. The user's Work-type phone number in Contact Information of Admin Console.
- Home phone. The user's Home-type phone number.
- Mobile phone. The user's Mobile-type phone number.
- Employee Id.
- Job title.
- Type of employee.
- Manager email. The manager's email address if the user has a manager.
- Department. User's department within the organization.
- Cost center.
- Building Id.
- Floor name.
- Floor section.
- Added Settings > Notification page. This page will is your notification control page. In this version, Foresight supports in-app notification and email notification. For example, if your rules encounter critical errors and cannot proceed, Foresight will automatically disable them and notify you by email.
- The on-Foresight notification's look-and-feel has been changed. Each notification is colored either green (success) or red (failure). Many notifications have one or more action buttons.
- In Respond to event action, instead of responding as your primary email, you now respond to the event as the calendar itself. This setting is useful when you manage a shared calendar. When someone invites the shared calendar, you can auto accept the event on behalf of the shared calendar, even if your primary email is not invited in the event.
- Added Update super admin status action. This action allows you, a domain super administrator, to assign a super admin role to a user or revoke it. It's useful for off-boarding workflow.
- Added Update user directory sharing action. Display or hide a user's contact info in the domain.
- Added Remove user from all groups action. This single action takes off a user from all groups which the given user is a member of.
- For your account security, Foresight will log you out after 2 hours of sign-in.
- Sending bulk emails at a short burst might hit the Google's per second per user rate limit. The Email action would potentially fail. In this new version, this issue is mitigated.
- Bulk user creation via csv from Admin Console might hit the Google's per second per user rate limit too. The version improved the situation.
- For Admins: a recent issue from Google causes an outage of many Audit log-based triggers, e.g. Group member added trigger, User's organizational unit changed trigger etc.
Google stopped notifying Foresight the events, which trigger the rules, so your automation rules would miss those events and never execute despite of you seeing them in Admin Console.
While Google's API team is still investigating the issue, this version creates a plan B. Please expect the automation results with a delay of up to 15 minutes.
- Added G Suite Administration-wise actions. These actions can be chained to deprovision a user for security concerns.
- Added Delete user tokens action. Revoke user's connected third-party application access tokens.
- Added Require password change action. Enforce a requirement on the user to change password at their next sign-in.
- Added Update user password action. Change a user's password.
- Added Delete app passwords action. Revoke a user's application-specific passwords.
- Added Update recovery email action. Update or delete a user's recovery email.
- Added Update recovery phone action. Update or delete a user's recovery phone.
- Added Invalidate backup codes action. Invalidate a user's 2-Step Verification (2SV) backup codes so that they cannot sign in their Google account with these codes.
- Added Generate backup codes action. Generate a new set of 2SV backup codes for a user. The previous backup codes are revoked.
- Updated Delete user email alias action. The action supports deleting multiple email aliases at once or deleting all email aliases.
- Updated the password field of Create user action so the password is hashed. For your data security, the password field would no longer be visible after you created the rule. So does the password field in the Require password change action above.
- Added 2 calendar actions.
- Delete calendar event action.
- Copy event to calendar action.
- Lite plan users are limited to 5 rules only, effective on Aug 1, 2020. See Foresight pricing.
- The calendar picker in New calendar event action had to be clicked twice to populate.
- The calendar picker, organizational unit picker and group picker would display blank when creating or saving a rule failed.
- Removed the image button from the email body toolbar of Email action as Gmail no longer reliably supports embedded images.
- When you used all action monthly quota, many duplicate notifications were created.
- The New calendar event trigger didn't trigger correctly for multiple calendars.
- Occasionally actions are detached from the trigger in the rule preview canvas.
- Sometimes the Settings > billing page was not loaded correctly.
- You may close your Foresight account within the app if Foresight does not fit for you. It's in Settings > Account > Close account. Beware that this action cannot be undone.
- Added a link to Foresight community. It's in the drop down menu of clicking your profile image. If the new Google Group UI is not available in your account, visit Foresight community in classic UI.
- When emails were sent in bulk too fast, some emails may fail to deliver. It was shown as an unknown error in your rule history.
- Fix system crash.
- Added 1 trigger and 2 actions associated with Google Calendar. You could make use of them to conditionally accept or decline an event. For example, Auto Decline Conflicting Invitation in Google Calendar or Auto accept invites from a specific person.
- New calendar event trigger. It triggers when someone invites you to an event, or you created a new event on your own calendar.
- Check event conflict action. Check if a given event conflicts with other events on your calendars.
- Respond to event action. Would you go to the event? Yes? No? Maybe?
- System welcome email. You'll receive a welcome email at signup.
- When external users (outside domain) were added to groups, the Group member added event does not trigger. [Thanks for Michael's feedback]
- The action after IF action was taken regardless of the condition settings. [Thanks for Antoine's feedback]
- Whitespaces in rule names are trimmed.
- Log items were not updated properly.
- Reconnect Foresight with your Google Account with one click in Settings > Security. If you revoked the permissions accidentally, automation rules in Foresight would fail. To avoid reprocessing individual permissions from one rule to another, this feature simplifies you to reconnect them at once.
- Rules would be automatically disabled if it failed in critical scenarios such as the account access revoked or expired, or your admin privileges revoked. This prevents the automation rule from executing wasteful actions and generating always failed garbage results. You will be notified for this important change by push notification (email notification in future versions).
- Added a new User turned inactive trigger, a security-wise trigger for admins to watch inactive users who haven't signed in for certain days. Learn the use case of automatically suspending inactive users.
- Added a Log feature. The Log feature displays past rule execution history in recent 3 months. It provides you a more straightforward way to know when the automation rule executed, how many rules succeeded or failed and what changes were made by the rule.
- Notifications for at the completion of rule execution now show a link to the Log feature instead of displaying the rule history in place.
- Foresight is now a free + paid automation service. Free users can use 150 actions per month, the Lite plan. If this is not enough for you, upgrade to Professional plans. Thanks for being our honored guests. With your support, Foresight will help automate more workflows for your business and improve your productivity.
- Added a dashboard to track your rule execution history.
- Added an action usage stats and your allowed quota for the current month.
What's New - Add capabilities for G Suite Administrators
- Added 19 G Suite Administrator related triggers. For Admins, these triggers watch user changes, group changes and organizational units changes you made from admin console.
- Add 24 G Suite Administrator actions. These actions too include querying and updating user data, group data and organizational units data from your admin console.
- With varieties of combinations, you will be able to automate more tasks than on admin console. For example, when a user is moved into the organizational unit /Sales, send this user a welcome email and then add him/her to a group.
- The Group drop down menu always showed 0 group members.
- The new user's organizational unit (OU) path now exactly matches the Org Unit Path condition in User created trigger. The condition was considered valid if the user's OU path is a subsidiary of the OU path specified.
- Fix international language issue on the rule preview.
- Support sub-domain emails for user creation, suspension and deletion actions.
- Fixed bugs of unexpectedly shutting off rules with User Created or Group Member Added triggers.
- Fixed a bug of unexpected rule turning off.
- Non-admin-role users get clearer error messages of insufficient admin privileges when creating admin only rules.
- Added a new Action Update vacation responder. This action will automate updating your Gmail vacation settings. For example, turning on it after your business hours daily and automatically turn off during work hours, so your customers won't bother you after hours. Note: this action required you to whitelist Foresight. Otherwise you may not use it or be prompted with an unverified app warning.
- Added a new If action. With this action, you will be able to control flows, like if this, do that; otherwise do another. It could simplify much of work.
- Duplicate rules to create similar rules faster!
- Bug fixes on creating rules.
- Added a Send feedback option to your profile icon menu. Await your golden advice!
- Fixed an issue of large email body.
- Foresight supports a new use case for calendar users to Get Daily or Weekly Agenda Emails to You or Your Team.
- Added a new use case for G Suite Administrators. Automatically Share Calendars to New Group Members in G Suite.