Added Calendar event updated trigger
As the name suggests, it triggers when your calendar events have an update, e.g. title changed, description changed, new guest added etc.
Added List calendar events action
List and export your calendar events as a CSV file to get an overview of your calendar.
Added Extract data from text action
A use case of the Extract data from text action is to extract an email address from a text. For an admin use case of scheduling suspending a user by a Google calendar event, set the following rule.
Calendar event started trigger ⟹ Get calendar event info action ⟹ Extract data from text action ⟹ Suspend user action
Set the calendar event title to "Suspend [email protected]", then when the event starts, Foresight retrieves the event information, extracts the [email protected] email address and suspends the user. If you move the calendar event, then the user suspension is rescheduled. If you change the calendar event title to "Suspend [email protected]", then you schedule suspending user B!
Support LIST_OF_* data types
This section is nerdy. If you feel bored, just skip it. These are the plural versions of the basic data types.
New LIST data types
Use of the LIST data types
A variable used to hold singular data, an email address, a number, a datetime etc. Now it can hold a list of email addresses, a list of numbers, a list of datetimes etc. For example, in the Mail Merge task, you may send an email to multiple stakeholders instead of only one. In one email, you send to 2 stakeholders; In another email, you send to 4 stakeholders.
New things about the LIST data types
The Data uploaded trigger treats multiple lines in a CSV file cell as a list. For example, if a cell's value is
, then Foresight them as a list of email addresses, which has 3 items.
[email protected]↵ [email protected]↵ [email protected]
In the If action's conditions, if a field is a list, then the operator will show 2 more items, includes and does not include.
The Get Chrome device info action adds these list type variables: Recent Users, Recent Activity Dates, and Recent Activity Durations.
The Get calendar event info action adds these list type variables: Guest Emails, Accepted Guest Emails, Tentative Guest Emails, Declined Guest Emails, and Unresponded Guest Emails.
The List Chrome devices action adds these list type columns: Recent Users, Recent Activity Dates and Recent Activity Durations.
Changed some fields to multiline editing
Some fields, by its nature, allow multiline editing. In the past, Foresight did not support them. Now you can type Enter to start a new line.
These fields are
- The Update Chrome device action's Asset Id, User, Location and Notes fields
- The List Chrome device action's User, Location and Notes fields
- The Edit group description action's Description field
- The Create organizational unit action's Description field
- The Edit organizational unit description action's Description field
- The Create calendar resource action's User visible description field
- The Update calendar resource action's User visible description field
- The Create user action's Work address and Home address fields
- The Respond to event action's Note field
- The Update group settings action's Custom footer text and Default rejected message response fields.
New variables in the Get calendar event info action
For all day events, the action retrieves the event start date and end date. For recurring events, the action retrieves the recurrence pattern, like how does the event repeat on which days and how the event ends on the recurrence.
- All Day Event Start Date. If the event is an all-day event, this is the start date of the all day event, e.g.
- All Day Event End Date
- Repeat Frequency
- Repeat Interval
- Repeat Weekly on Days
- Repeat Monthly on Day
- Repeat End
- Repeat Ends on Datetime
- Repeat Ends After Occurrences
New fields in the Create calendar event action
Repeat weekly on days. For a weekly event, configure on which days of week for the event to repeat.
Repeat monthly on day. For a monthly event, configure on which day for the event to repeat.
Requires Sign in with Google after inactivity
If you were away for hours and came back, Foresight logged you out due to inactivity. Foresight does so for your security. To improve the user experience, this update asks you to Sign in with Google again when time is up. You would see this dialog shown up.
Confirm signing up
New Foresight users need to confirm sign-up with the authenticated Google account. After you click Sign in with Google in the login page and selected a Google account. The sign up confirmation page shows up with the profile photo, name and email information of the authorized Google account. This prevents accidentally sign-up for a new Foresight account with your Google account or a wrong Google account if you have multiple Google accounts.
New account closing grace period
After the 14 days free trial, there was a 7 days grace period to keep the Foresight account open. In the new version, we extended it to 180 days. For trial users who signed up before 2023-03-12, however, the period was still 7 days.
Similarly, if an account unsubscribes, there was a 14 days grace period to keep the Foresight account open. We extended it to 180 days.
Know when your credit card is expired
If your saved credit card is expired, the Settings > Billing page > Payment Method section would display an expired status, one possible reason of failed payments for your subscription.
- Fixed an issue that deleting an action from a duplicated rule draft breaks the rule
- Fixed an issue when notifications are marked as read, no new notifications are loaded in certain cases.
- Fixed an issue of not able to delete the first column when there are two columns left in the Data uploaded trigger column configuration.
- Fixed an issue of not showing completed status for the Data uploaded trigger rules circular progress bar when Foresight completes processing your CSV file.
- Fixed an issue of not showing password correctly in the generated email in some cases.
- Changed the Capacity, Building ID and Floor fields in the Create calendar resource action to be only required when the Category field is CONFERENCE_ROOM. For other types of calendar resources, like vehicles, there is no need for setting these 3 fields.
- Fixed an issue of not processing some CSV files exported from Microsoft Office Excel.