This article is written for G Suite for Education Administrators.
Google Forms is a handy form application for teachers to create quizzes and analyze student performances. That said, students can create forms and share form links in the same way as teachers. That's unwanted for some schools.
As Google Forms is an essential application of G Suite for Education, it's impossible to disable Google Forms service for students.
This article shows a quick way to stop students from creating and editing Google Forms in their devices while allow students to fill in forms.
Set URL blocking in Admin Console
Restricting students from creating and editing Google Forms can be done via built-in URL blocking feature in Admin Console.
- Sign into Admin Console.
- Go to Device > Chrome Management > User & browser settings.
- Select your students' Organizational Unit.
- Scroll to URL blocking.
- In URL blacklist, add these 2 urls.
- In URL blacklist exceptions, add the following url.
- Click SAVE.
- Test on your students' managed chrome browsers to see if Google Forms are blocked while allowing to fill a Google Form.
What's the result?
Students are restricted from creating or editing Google Forms from Drive. They are only permitted to fill in forms.