Exporting your Google Calendar to Excel helps you to analyze the events easily. You don’t need to find the event manually from the calendar. Instead, you will get all the details about the events from the Excel sheet as it organizes the calendar neatly and cleanly. Also, you can share this file with your team members, archive it for future reference or use the calendar data for other services. From this blog post, you will learn how to export Google Calendar to an Excel sheet with some simple steps.
Why Export Google Calendar to Excel?
Google Calendar is a powerful tool on its own, offering a range of features to help you schedule and track your events. However, exporting your calendar to Excel opens up a world of possibilities. With Excel's advanced formatting and calculation capabilities, you can analyze your calendar data, create custom reports, and gain valuable insights into your schedule.
How does exporting Google Calendar in Excel help you?
- Streamline your event management
You can export calendar events in an Excel file and share that file with your colleagues. They can adjust the rows and columns of the file according to their choice. Also, you can upload the Excel sheet to a third-party calendar service. Your co-workers can do the same thing in their third-party calendar account.
- Analyze the data
It helps you to export previous meetings for future use. So, you can analyze the data of old meetings and decide which meetings gave the most interactive and responsive outcomes. You can sort the events’ subjects and understand your team’s interests through the frequencies of the events. Again, you can calculate the total duration of the meetings and use it for future meeting plans and schedules.
How to export your Google Calendar events to Excel?
You can’t directly export the calendar into Excel. So you should follow these steps to complete the procedure –
Export events from a single calendar
- Open Google Calendar from your computer.
- Find the My Calendars section from the left side of the page. You can expand the section by clicking on it.
- Choose a calendar you want to export and point it out. Click More (three dots) > Settings.
- Click Export Calendar from the Calendar settings. A .ics file of your events will download.
- Open the Excel application.
- Go to File > Open.
- Then browse your extracted calendar file. But before browsing make sure you select All Files from the browsing window.
- Select a calendar file and click Open.
- Then, select the Delimited option. Click Next.
- Select the Tab checkbox and click Finish.
Finally, you will find your calendar data exported into an Excel file.
Export events from multiple calendars
There is another process that exports events from multiple Google Calendars. The process goes as –
- After opening the Google Calendar, click Settings > Settings (from the top right corner).
- Click Import & Export.
- Then, click Export from the Export section. The ZIP file will download to your computer. This file contains separate .ics files for multiple Google calendars. You need to extract the ICS files from the ZIP file to download them in a destination folder.
4. Then you can repeat the steps to export the events in an Excel file by following the above section.
Which type of data can you export from Google Calendar events?
You can export these data from an iCalendar format –
- Event name, description, and location (if any)
- Event start and finish time
- Event creation and last update time
- The attendees and their response statuses
- Data of recurring events such as frequency – daily, weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, etc.
Also, you can download the meeting breakout configuration in JSON format.
Troubleshooting issues and their possible solutions
- You can’t export events if you use a Google Workspace account of your organization, school, or workplace.
Solution: In this case, you have to contact your Administrator to export the calendar events.
- You will get a processing error when you use the address from the Public address in iCal format.
Solution: Use the address from the Secret address in iCal format.
How Foresight works and helps the Admin?
Foresight automates the Google Workspace workflows through cloud communication. It integrates with Google Workspace which makes automation easy. Foresight automation rules consist of two components – trigger and action. You have to trigger the automation rule to see the changes from Google Admin Console. The Admin takes action to modify your Google services. But you can automate a workflow without any coding through this platform. Thus it simplifies your complex business workflows, manages time, and improves productivity and efficiency. You can learn different use cases from Foresight, such as – How To Bulk add Calendar Resource Features, etc.
Now you know to export your Google Calendar in an Excel sheet. It’s a good habit to store your calendar events in an Excel file for a long time. Then know about Foresight and its working methods. So, try a 14-day free trial with Foresight. Additionally, you can join the Google Group by Foresight if you like. Also, you can read other articles related to this, like – Export your data from Google Reminders, etc.