If you don't know what Safe Doc is, please refer to this introduction article.
Safe Doc has two plans, a permanently free plan to personal @gmail.com accounts and a paid plan for school domains. The complexity of installation varies.
Install Safe Doc in an @gmail account
I could tell you how simple it is. Just like installing most of chrome extensions, you do
- Ensure your @gmail account is signed in Chrome and have the cloud sync turned on. Need help on this? visit Google help document.
- Visit Safe Doc's Chrome web store page, and click Add to Chrome to add this extension.
- If the installation is successful, you will see a GREEN umbrella icon on the Chrome toolbar. If the umbrella is GREY, it's not functioning properly. Try uninstall and start over.
- There will a guide page popped after you installed the extension, and you may start experience Safe Doc in a new doc. Note not every declared feature in Safe Doc is available to @gmail accounts.
Install Safe Doc in Schools
If you're a school IT admin, this applies to you. Take these steps to get started
- Apply a 30 days trial license.
- The trial license will be emailed to you.
- Deploy Safe Doc to a test user in a test Organization Unit (OU). The trial license will be used in the deployment.
- Verify the features are activated as you expected.
- When you configured Safe Doc correctly, repeat step 3 on your students' OU.
- Verify you students' Chrome browsers received the extension and function well.
Please email email@example.com.