This article is written for Google Workspace for Education Administrators.
Generally Safe Doc would expect to work as expected and does not a re-installation. In very rare cases, Safe Doc is not able to recover into a healthy state and requires a re-deployment.
- You renewed the annual license key after 5 days of the expiration date.
- You have tried all steps in Safe Doc Common Issues and all troubleshooting solutions failed. For example, your students' Safe Doc are dated and not properly updated by Chrome browsers.
Re-deploy Safe Doc from Admin Console
Follow these steps to uninstall Safe Doc from your students' Chrome browsers and reinstall Safe Doc.
- Sign into Google Admin Console
- Go to Devices > Chrome > Apps & extensions
- Select your students' OU where Safe Doc was deployed in the left panel
- Select Safe Doc, change the Installation policy from Force install to Allow install
- Wait for Safe Doc to be unloaded from your students' Chrome browsers. The change may take from a few minutes up to 24 hours.
- In the same page of Admin Console, change the Installation policy from Allow install to Force install.
- Wait for Safe Doc to be loaded again to your students' Chrome browsers with the same time delay in step 5.
- The redeployment is done and verify Safe Doc is working on your students' Chrome browsers.