In Excel or Google Sheets, the format cells command is used for modification of the formatting of the spreadsheet cell. Now, you can modify the Google spreadsheet format in any way you want. You can change numbers in the cell (without actually modifying the number), change the alignment, change the font or border style, change the fill-in options, or add protection to the cells. You can change the presentation of the format in any way you want. In this informative blog post, we will know all about formatting cells in Google Sheets.
How to format cells in Google Sheets?
If you want to format cells in Google Sheets, there are many ways you can do it. First of all, you should decide what you need to change and then follow the various procedures we have enlisted below. Kindly have a look at it:
Google Spreadsheet format
Edit data in a cell in a Google Sheets file
- First of all, you need to open the spreadsheet in Google Sheets.
- Now you can either click on a cell that’s empty. Or you could also double-click a cell that contains some data. Start typing and changing the data.
- This is optional for those who want to add another line within a cell. If you have a Mac, then press ⌘ + Enter, Ctrl + Enter for those who have a Windows PC.
- After completing what you want to do, you can then press Enter for terminating the change.
How to format numbers or dates in a given cell
- You need to choose the cell for formatting.
- Click Format>Number at the top.
- From the pop-up menu that appears, select the formatting option that you want to use. If you want to customize it as per your liking, then you need to click on options like Custom number format or Custom date and time format.
How to add a theme in Google Sheets
You can also format cells in Google sheets by adding a theme. If you need to modify the format of the entire Google Sheet with different themes, then you need to follow the procedure that has been given below:
- Open Google Sheets.
- Click Format>Theme given on the top.
- Choose a theme from the available themes in the inventory. Or you can click Customize to create your own theme if you want to. If you are creating a customized theme from scratch, then the most recent version shall be saved, including the colors from that theme. You can also change the color of the text or the cells by using a color picker.
How do I bulk edit cells in Google Sheets?
Format multiple cells in Google Sheets
- Open a spreadsheet in Google Sheets.
- After opening the spreadsheet, click on a cell and then drag your mouse across all the adjacent cells that you wish to select. You can also do the same action by holding ⌘ on a Mac or Ctrl on Windows and clicking the other cells you want to modify.
- For formatting the numbers or text in the cells, you will need to go to the toolbar options that are given at the top and go to Format>Number.
Hopefully, you now know how to format cells in Google Sheets. Adding to that, Foresight helps to manage multiple operations with Google Workspace Admin. It brings automation to Google Workspace and has many beneficial features. With Foresight Google Workspace Admin, you can import or export different kinds of data; you can also import active or suspended users list, disable or enable provisioned devices, import groups list as CSV, or import group members lists as CSV. All in all, it streamlines the whole process and makes it easier for you to get your work done without any hassle. Visit the xFanatical website, for more information.