Welcome and thanks for the interest of using Captcha for Forms.
Captcha for Forms is a Google forms addon that aims to fight spams. It verifies the human identity by requesting the correct input of a constantly changing challenge code (captcha). It significantly decreases bot spamming your forms. The following screenshot illustrates a bot fails to meet the code challenge.
Of course, there are other hacks to reduce spams. Check out 3 Ways To Protect Google Forms From Spamming.
Step 1. Setup Captcha for Forms
First of all, due to some technical limitations of this application, we decided to release this add-on as a free apps script, instead of posting it on the Chrome web store.
- Download the Captcha for Forms apps script. The zip file contains a bundle.js file and a index.html file.
- Open your forms.
- Copy bundle.js and index.html to your form’s script editor. If you have no idea how to add them, follow this article, How to Add an Apps Script to Your Google Docs.
- Once you are done with the script editor, go back to your form. Refresh the page.
- Now you will see and click the addon icon . Then click Captcha for Forms > Start.
- Turn on Enable Captcha.
- You will see a captcha code question being generated and refreshed in every minute.
Step 2. Test it
Now share the form with your audience in public. If they tried to submit garbage responses, this captcha challenge will block them away.
We’d like to know how it works for you and keep improving on this tool. We hope you have a clean and organic response spreadsheet . Thanks for reading and please leave it any comment.